skip to content

University Counselling Service

Student Counselling

Evaluation and Complaints

How you can provide feedback on our Service


We welcome feedback from students who use our Service.  Each student will be sent an electronic evaluation on completion of their sessions with a practitioner, if you would like to provide feedback at another time, please speak to the person you are receiving support from, or a member of the reception team.


If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, a good first step is to talk directly to the person with whom you have a complaint.  This is often the easiest and more effective way to put things right. It may be that an open discussion will resolve the matter there and then.

If talking to directly to the person does not resolve the matter or does not feel possible or appropriate in the first instance, you can raise the issue with Christopher Haylock, Head of Service.

However, where the matter is serious or where you remain dissatisfied, a complaint can be raised with the central University.  Complaints need to be raised in a timely way and within 28 days to ensure an effective remedy can be put in place.

Find further information here:

We work to the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) Ethical Framework, if you would like to make a complaint directly to BACP, please visit: